Hot Cooked Rice (short grain)
Green Onion, 4 to 6 stems, white parts sliced, set aside 1 Tbsp for garnish
Garlic, 2 cloves finely diced
Fresh Ginger, 1 knob, diced (~2 Tbsp)
Shitake Mushroom, 5 caps sliced (discard stems)
Firm Tofu, 1 block cubed
Water, 1 cup
Corn Starch, 1 Tbsp
Fry Oil, 2 to 3 Tbsp (varies with fat content of pork)
Ground Pork, ~1 lb
Sake, 1 Tbsp
Oyster Sauce, 1 1/2 Tbsp
Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp
Tobanjon Chili Paste, 1 tsp
Sesame Oil, 1 tsp for garnish
1. Prepare the rice.
2. Prep onion, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, & tofu.
3. Mix water & corn starch.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add onion, toss and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add garlic & ginger, toss & cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
6. Add pork, toss & cook until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Chop and break up pork as it cooks.
7. Push pork to the sides, add 1 Tbsp of oil if needed to center of pan, allow it to come to temperature, about 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add mushrooms to oil in center. Toss & cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
9. Clear center and add tofu cubes, allow to brown slightly. Toss & cook until crispy on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Add sake & scrape bits off the bottom of the pan.
11. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, & tobanjon chili paste (vary amount to your taste). Stir the corn starch slurry again, add to wok. Toss & cook until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Garnish with sesame oil and toss once more.
13. Serve over hot rice & garnish with fresh chopped green onion as you like.